Friday, June 10, 2005

6/10/05

7:49 a.m. Howdy, y'all! Well, here I am in Texas...home of all my ex's. Or at least one of them.

Nice hotel, too. They obviously know how to feed a growing PI. I got eggs, sausage, donuts and biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Yum. I rub my tummy. Stuffed. That was a lot better than the pathetic bagel they gave me in Boston.

There is an antique car show in town and so the hotel lots are full of Model T's. Last night when I arrived I noticed a small group of men sitting outside on a cooler and lawn chairs. They were drinking beer and discussing whatever manly things you guys discuss when you're sitting in a parking lot drinking beer. Probably their last hunting foray. Or football. Or curtains for the master bedroom.

They say hello and wave. I wave back and walk inside. I wonder to myself why you never see groups of women sitting out on lawn chairs in parking lots drinking beer. Huh. I decide that when I get home the girls and I will haul my couch out to the street and see what all the fuss is about. Except we might need a table for snacks. And instead of beer we'll have tea.

I walk over to the window of my suite and look down at the pool. I debate taking a dip before I start "working". I think I'll go for a run first and work off some energy, swim, shower, and head out.

Today I'll do an initial drive-by of the church before noon. I might go inside right away and begin my inquiries. We'll see how it feels. Otherwise, I'll ask around the area and see what people can tell me about the sect.

More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Polly - sitting around in lawn chairs and drinking beer is a time honored male tradition....

It allows for drinking, farting, boasting, scratching, bragging AND checking out hot tottie all at the same time....

Recent archaelogical (sp?) digs have uncovered bum-worn rocks outside of caves surrounded by ancient drinking vessels, suggesting that even neanderthal man enjoyed a bit of the checking out of the next-door cavechick while scratching at his wound from his recent mastadon battle...

Anonymous said...

Those crazy cavemen! Wearing their rocks on their bums...