Saturday, June 04, 2005

6/4/05

9:09 a.m. I am set up outside of an apartment building 20 minutes from where I live. Nice not to have to go into Chi-Town on a case...even if I have to work the weekend. The original address I am sent to surveil has the wrong town listed. I spend a half hour scrambling to research and find the real residence. Turns out it's two towns over.

The building is secure and there is a call box outside that has my Subject's last name on it. No apartment number is listed by the call button, however. There are several vehicles in the parking lot, but the database I use to run DMV checks is down for some reason. In the absence of a physical description or photograph, this makes it difficult to pin point which resident is my Subject and whether she is even here.

I walk the parking lot and write down parking sticker numbers. I am not sure yet what I will do with them. Maybe if I can gain access to the apartment complexes database I can get some valuable info.

I am about to call my Subject to verify she is at the residence. It will be tricky as her number is unlisted and she has taken precautions to keep her vital stats private. I'll have to think of a good pretext.

Ah ha!!! I will kill two birds with one stone. I will call Subject saying that I think I may have accidentally hit her car in the parking lot and the front office gave me her number to inform her. I will quote a random sticker and license plate and give a fake car description to her. She will say it's not her and hopefully I can get her to indicate what she's driving. If not, I'll persuade her to at least come out and check her car.

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tricky Polly, you sly fox you.