Saturday, June 04, 2005

6/4/05b

11:12 a.m. I call Subject's home with my delivery pretext and nobody answers. I leave a message on her voicemail. While I sit here wondering what to do next, a Suburban that was in the lot earlier this morning pulls back into its parking space. I pull out the camera and start filming, just in case. An older woman exits the vehicle. She's got curly dark hair and is 5'9" tall. She is slumped a bit and I notice that she has a limp. Could be her. If it IS her, I should be getting a call back in a few minutes about the delivery.

Sure enough, she calls me. So now I have a physical description, some Subject video, and a confirmation on the vehicle. I coordinate a day for a delivery and watch the building. I get a bonus. My girl opens the sliding glass door on a bottom floor apartment and steps out onto the porch. She sits in a rocking chair for a while.

11:38 a.m. She's starting to get suspicious. She went back inside several minutes ago and has come to the door twice to look out at my truck. Darn. This was the perfect spot. And I'm not finished watching Better Off Dead yet. As soon as she goes back inside, I turn off the movie and hustle into the front seat. I drive away and park several lots down at a different building. Looks like I'm going hiking for an outside surveillance position, folks. Hope I can find a nice, shady tree to climb.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take...luck! What's with all these suspicious people? Doesn't anybody trust anybody anymore?

Better Off Dead is a good way to kill time.

annie said...

jane wonders why it is that polly gets all this cool high-tech equipment when she gets FREAKIN' DOS. oh well, only three more weeks, and there will be one less investigator in the blogosphere (that being jane, not polly)

PollyME said...

Jane,
Finally decided to leave that stuffy federal gig, huh? When are you off to Mutha Russia?

I have found that the private sector is much more fun, myself...

Anonymous said...

oo! I know! August 10th is her departure date! The same day my sister returns from Japan.

Anonymous said...

See, this is for all those people who think the p.i. world is all glamour - peeing in buckets and climbing trees and the like. Sometimes it's sheer hard work - like watching DVDs in your truck. ;)

annie said...

hey polly -

i want to know what you meant by "tell shaggy i've come back to the fold" - if that has anything to do with the liahona, then i'm going to have to recommend a DVD for your next shift: Orgazmo. hell watch it no matter what. shaggy, mrs. shaggy and i watched it last night - hilarious. and yep - mutha russia awaits on august 10th....

Anonymous said...

Liahona? Only one religion that teaches about that. Wouldn't that round out the P.I.'s tool belt?