Monday, June 27, 2005

6/27/05c

10:19 p.m. I plan to write a blog entry on the plane tomorrow about a murder suicide. It will give me something constructive to do en route to Puerto Rico. (Note: Everytime I write "Puerto Rico", what I really mean is... "Pwwwerrrto Rrreeeco!")

My flight will get in at 2pm, so I will spend the afternoon getting my bearings. After I check into my hotel I might just drive out to my first case since I don't relish the thought of getting lost in the middle of Puerto Rico (Pwwwerrto Rrreeeco!) at 4am. Of course, it might be worse getting lost in Puerto Rico (Pwwwerrto Rrreeeco!) at night.

Anyway, I don't plan on spending much time in my room while I'm there. I will be taking in the sights. Going to the beaches. Taking a tour of the rain forest (the only one in the U.S., folks. At least that's what I read. What about Hawaii?). Maybe I'll even learn how to scuba dive. And though I doubt very much that my wireless will be up, I still intend to take plenty of pix and post them daily along with updates on my cases.

Speaking of cases, I DO have to work at least a little while I'm there. I've been mapping out directions to my three surveillance locations. They are all on the other side of the island from San Juan in VERY remote areas. So remote, in fact, that there are no maps to the houses I'm looking for...just vague references to crossroads "near by". I am thinking I'll end up doing my surveillance in the middle of a marijuana field somewhere.

8 comments:

Kitty said...

Alaska has a rainforest. I blogged on this recently at my blog Kitty Litter.

Love your blog. Wish you trackbacked.

Leetie said...

I believe that Kauai, HI is the wettest place on Earth.

Anonymous said...

My high school biology teacher screwed up my team's rainforest presentation by asking us if there were any rainforests in the US. I gestured to the map I had stayed up all night long beautifying and answered, "No?"

He laughed. I hate him.

Apparently there is a bit of rainforest in the state of Washington.

And if there isn't, I'm going to write that man a nasty letter.

Anonymous said...

"Puerto Rico, my heart's devotion
Let it sink back in the ocean
Always the hurricanes blowing
Always the population growing
And the money owing
And the sunlight streaming
And the natives steeming"


Is this the Pwwwerrto Reeeco you meant, Polly?

Anonymous said...

did someone say marijuana?

Hi Polly. :)

Punky B.

Anonymous said...

Be careful Polly - they guys that guard the mj fields all carry AK-47's!

PollyME said...

I knew I'd "smoke" Punky out if I mentioned marijuana...

Hi, girl! Glad you joined us.

Anonymous said...

Happy to be here, Polly ...

Although I will say that reading your blog and sly's and leetie's makes me feel as though my life is REALLY boring.

*sigh*

Oh well ... I've always had a penchant for living vicariously through others