Thursday, June 02, 2005

6/2/05

4:25 a.m. I wake up disoriented. I turned off the alarm clock and didn't even realize it. I should get a backup alarm and place it across the room so I have to get up to turn it off. But that would be sure to put me in a foul mood for the rest of the morning.

I get dressed in my usual tank top and workout pants. I grab a pair of heels and put them in my backpack. Never know when you'll need a nice pair of heels.

I'm in the inner city of Chicago today. I've got to leave in about 5 minutes in order to get there by 7am. This Subject lives in an apartment, which restricts my access to his residence and makes it harder to positively identify him. The client wants an update halfway through the day.

This case will not be easy because the client is forbidding telephone and physical contact. I will have to set up on his vehicle because I have no physical description other than age.

I drive to the Kwik Trip and pick up a sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, V8 juice, milk, a Marathon bar, and a Diet Mt Dew. (I took my vitamins last night, so it's real food for me this morning.)

More later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T FORGET YOUR BUCKET!

PollyME said...

Thanks, Jeff. I think I will start using milk jugs so I can toss my very own P.I. bombs out the window at unsuspecting motorists.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just laughed out loud at the thought of the P.I. "bombs" that Polly would be whipping out....

And that is the breakfast of champions!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!

Kwik Trip is the greatest!!!

I miss Kwik Trip... all they have down here is Quik Trip (which is actually pretty good, too). Urge potato chips, milk in a bag, Karuba Coffee... *sigh*